If you’ve identified your kitchen cabinetry as one of the key parts of your kitchen remodeling project then you’ve already avoided making one of the most common mistakes made during kitchen renovations, which is underestimating the impact that these cabinets have in the grand scheme of things. However, you might be stuck pondering whether higher end custom cabinets are the better choice or whether a more economical stock option would be better suited to your renovation and specific requirements. At Parada kitchens & Bathroom we’re big believers that genuinely high quality kitchen design has to cater to you as an individual (or family) and whenever possible, especially given their importance as a design element, custom cabinets are always the preferred choice. But we don’t expect you to just take our word for it; we’re going to explain some of the biggest advantages of this option based on our vast experience of completing kitchen renovations in Toronto.
There’s Plenty of Reasons to Go With Custom Cabinets
Any decision that is made during the course of a kitchen remodeling project should be carefully considered and this is no different. Weigh the pros and cons of each option against each other before making an informed decision. We’re going to help you get started with that process by pointing out a few of the major plus points for custom cabinets:
• Zero Wasted Space – This is especially important in Toronto properties that aren’t especially spacious. With a stock cabinet, it’s very rare that it will fit exactly to the specifications of the space available, unless the room is extremely uniform in shape and size. This results in wasted space and often gaps in between the cabinets, surrounding walls and the ceiling, disrupting the flow of the room’s design. Custom cabinets on the other hand are made to measure and can be designed to fit flush to whatever space you have, no matter how irregular it is.
• Unlimited Design Options – When browsing through stock cabinet options you will probably come to notice that the options are fairly limited in terms of style, colour and finish meaning it’s quite unlikely that you will find a cabinet that you absolutely fall in love with. However, with custom cabinets you have total control over all aspects of the design and can make selections with regards to the material used, the type of construction and the finish that suits your individual needs and tastes.
• Greater Longevity – While it’s generally true that custom cabinets cost more than stock cabinets, in the long run they often work out to be cheaper. How? Well, custom cabinets are almost always produced from higher quality materials that are more capable of standing up to the stresses and strains of daily use and as a result can last several years longer than stock cabinets. A smart investment!
Parada kitchens & Bathroom is able to bring you the very best in kitchen design, including some of the finest custom cabinets available in Toronto. If you wish to arrange a free consultation with our experienced team, pick up the phone and dial (416) 762-3500 today.
The kitchen is without doubt one of the most important rooms in the standard home and kitchen cabinets are one of the most important features in that room. Considering that fact, it’s fairly safe to say that the choice you make when buying new kitchen cabinets is therefore quite pivotal to the day to day running of your home. Having helped to guide many homeowners across Toronto through this process over the last 25 years, we’re very confident in our ability to match the right cabinets to each client’s requirements and during this article we’re going to share a few of our top tips with you.
Making Sure That You Select the Right Kitchen Cabinets for Your Home
If you’ve been involved in a kitchen remodeling project before you’ll probably already know just how much variation there is when it comes to kitchen cabinets. But for those of you that are relative newcomers to this process, here are some of the main things to focus on:
• The Material – The material that you select can have some fairly significant implications in terms of how long your new cabinets ultimately last and how well they integrate into the overall design theme that you select for your kitchen. Traditional hardwoods are still a popular choice and can be used to create a more classic aesthetic, although alternative materials and the use of metals , such as aluminum, and glass is becoming popular and generates a more modern look and feel.
• Custom Cabinets? – One of the main choices you’ll have to make when selecting your new kitchen cabinets is whether to opt for custom cabinets or a stock option. The latter is nearly always cheaper and available in a limited range of designs, colours and finishes, while the custom option offers you a greater degree of control over the end product but is more expensive.
• Framed or Frameless? – One of the other major questions that you will need to answer on your quest to find the perfect kitchen cabinets for your new kitchen is whether you want a framed or frameless design. As the name suggests, with frameless cabinets you can’t see the frame of the cabinet behind the door, which sits directly over the top of the cabinet’s opening. This type of design is considered more modern and allows for easier access to the items stored in the cabinet, but does usually cost more.
• Select Suitable Hardware – Often overlooked and only decided on at the last minute, the hardware can have a considerable influence on the overall visual appeal of your new kitchen cabinets.
Hardware has the ability to change the appearance of your cabinet, but it also needs to be able to stand up to the stresses and strains of daily use, otherwise you could find yourself needing repairs or, worse still, replacement much sooner than expected.
For further assistance or advice when choosing new kitchen cabinets, don’t hesitate to contact the experienced team at Parada kitchens & Bathroom on 416-762-3500.
The kitchen is at the very heart of most homes and a kitchen remodeling project has the ability to transform the look, feel and functioning of your property. The huge potential impact that these projects can have along with the benefits that kitchen renovations offer is why kitchen remodeling shows are very popular on TV. You know the ones we’re talking about and if you think back for a second you will probably remember watching one at one time or another. If you’re undecided whether you should invest money into a kitchen renovation as we move into 2015, consider the benefits that you will likely experience, which we’ve outlined below.
3 Reasons Why Kitchen Renovations Are So Popular
We’ve assisted a countless number of Toronto homeowners with kitchen renovations over the years and some of the most common benefits that these people have experienced include:
• More Efficient Space – There are a lot of “moving parts” involved in the design of a kitchen and it has to perform several very important functions. Old or outdated designs don’t make the best use of the space that’s available, but kitchen renovations can help to rectify this issue. Often, additional storage space can be created, key items can be made more accessible and new features can be added, all without actually expanding the amount of space the kitchen occupies in the property.
• Increase Your Property’s Value – We’ve seen this happen time and time again. Any well qualified realtor will tell you that one of the most important parts of the home to “get right” when marketing it to potential buyers is the kitchen. This is for two reasons. Firstly, as we’ve already touch upon it is one of, if not the most important room in the home and the most heavily used. Secondly, kitchen renovations don’t come cheap so if potential buyers see that the kitchen in your property needs some serious work doing on it, this can be enough to make them shy away from the deal.
• Modify Your Home to Your Own Liking – A large portion of the people that live in Toronto and Richmond Hill learn to love (or put up with) a kitchen that was designed by someone else, whether that be the previous owner or the construction firm that built the property. Kitchen renovations give you the opportunity to change the style and layout of an important part of your home and align it with your own preferences, providing you with a more comfortable living environment.
Despite the many advantages that kitchen remodeling projects can offer, they do represent a serious commitment, both with respect to the financial outlay involved and the inconvenience that you may have to deal with, which is why you should always carefully consider your options before taking action. If you would like to speak to an experienced industry expert about your goals and expectations, get in touch with Parada kitchens & Bathrooms on (416) 762-3500.
If you speak to anyone that has been through the process of a kitchen remodeling project they will almost certainly testify to how important careful planning is. With it, the entire project will often run relatively smoothly, but without it your kitchen remodeling can turn into a nightmare that you wish you had never embarked upon. After more than 25 years in this industry we’ve learned a lot about the errors that can slow a renovation down or make it considerably more difficult, and we’ve also discovered a few tips that can really help to streamline the process. We’re going to share a few of these do’s and don’ts in this article.
Make Sure Your Kitchen Remodeling Goes Smoothly With These Tips
According to the annual Cost Vs Value report that Remodeling magazine produces each year, three quarters of the cost of midrange kitchen renovations (which amounts to just over $18,000 based on this report) can be recouped if you later sell your property. Here are some of the biggest do’s and don’ts if you’re considering a kitchen remodeling in the near future:
• Do Lots of Your Own Research – While we would seriously recommend you work with an experienced kitchen designer, it’s always a good idea to do some of your own research beforehand, as ultimately it’s your opinion that should count and you should never allow yourself to be strong-armed into design choices. Simply by browsing websites such as Houzz and Pinterest or by visiting trades shows you can get some very good ideas in terms of the layout, features, colours and finishes that you would like to implement.
• Don’t Skimp on Your Kitchen Cabinets – Many homeowners have a tendency to want to cut costs and save as much money when buying new kitchen cabinets as possible. After all they are just “boxes” that are used to store your food items and cooking equipment, right?! Wrong! They occupy a large part of the kitchen and therefore have a tremendous influence on the overall design visually. Kitchen cabinets are one aspect of kitchen remodeling that we would recommend you allocate a bit of extra money to.
• Do Implement Plenty of Preparation Space – One big mistake that many people make is to not incorporate much preparation space into the design of their kitchen, particularly around the oven. This then leads to a cluttered and rather chaotic environment when it comes time to prepare meals. While it might not contribute much to the room aesthetically, when it comes to the kitchen’s practical role, counter space proves invaluable.
• Don’t Leave Space Between Cabinet Tops and the Ceiling – It’s not until after the kitchen remodeling is completed that you realise there’s nothing you can actually do with this space and we mean nothing. All it does is accumulate dust and break up the design flow of your cabinetry. But after the fact it’s usually too costly to do anything about it.
Get it right and a kitchen remodeling project can be the best investment you’ll ever make, but get it wrong and it can be a very painful experience. To avoid these issues and some of the other common pitfalls, contact our team who proudly serve Toronto on 416-762-3500.
Bathroom renovations are a great way to improve your property, but they often don’t come cheap. That cost can be further increased when mistakes are made and by simply being aware of these mistakes before you take any action, you have a much better chance of sticking to the budget you have in mind. We’ve witnessed many bathroom renovation “nightmares” in our 25 years of serving the community of Toronto and we would hate for you to go through a similar ordeal in 2015. For that reason we’ve put together a few of the text book remodeling errors you need to steer well clear of when giving your bathroom a makeover.
Bathroom Renovations: Serious Errors You Must Avoid If You’re Planning One
Bathroom renovations can improve your quality of life, boost the value of your home and make the room function much more efficiently, but only if done right. Here’s what not to do during a bathroom renovation:
• Setting an Unrealistic Budget – This is a cardinal sin in the remodeling world! Even worse would be to not set a budget at all. You absolutely must be realistic about how much you can afford to spend during a bathroom renovation and then incorporate features and changes into your plan that can realistically be done for that cost. There’s no use in trying to complete $50,000 of work with $10,000, as the quality of the whole renovation will suffer.
• No Clear Plan – Even worse than not getting your budget right is to go into a bathroom renovation without having a clear plan in place. Making decisions as you go will only end one way: badly. Bathroom renovations require careful, precise planning if you’re going to get a design that meets your needs for a cost you can afford. As the expression goes “failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”
• Adopting a Passing Trend – Every single year there are new trends in home design, but it’s very risky to base bathroom renovations on these trends as many of them pass in what seems like the blink of an eye. You’re then left with a design that becomes something you want to hide rather than show off and you’ll likely be stuck with it for a good number of years given the expense that’s involved with bathroom renovations. Basing your renovation on a passing fad could also make your home less desirable and therefore less saleable, which could be an issue if you want to move.
• Attempting Complicated Tasks Yourself – This has always been an issue, but even more so in recent years as homeowners look to make savings wherever possible to combat the effects of the recession. Unless you have some professional experience in completing bathroom renovations, you should seriously consider hiring a qualified contractor. While you might be able to save some of the cost by completing small tasks such as painting, you will likely increase the overall project cost if you attempt specialist tasks such as plumbing or electrics.
If you’re interested in having a bathroom renovation done at your property and want some professional guidance or maybe a free consultation with our team, get in touch with Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms. In additional to bathroom renovations we also complete kitchen renovations.