Now is a fantastic time to be renovating your kitchen, with good quality cabinets available in some really amazing styles. However, many Toronto homeowners find it difficult to choose a décor that complements their modern kitchen cabinets perfectly, which is why we decided to collect a few tips from the experts. If you have found a cabinet design that you absolutely love but you are not sure what type of colour scheme and overall décor will work best with it in your kitchen, the following list should give you some food for thought.
Creating the Perfect Setting for Your Modern Kitchen Cabinets
There are a number of areas on which you should focus when putting together a new kitchen design featuring modern cabinets. Below are the most important of these, along with some tips on the best choices for each area.
- Appliances – An ultra-modern kitchen, with stylish cabinets and striking countertops, needs modern appliances or the overall effect will be compromised. With something like slab door cabinets, in a dark veneer, stainless steel appliances are an excellent choice. If you stick to stainless and one type of veneer across the whole kitchen, you can create a very sleek and modern design that will look good for many years to come. If you really don’t like stainless steel appliances, plain white could also work well with this type of design.
- Countertops – Natural stone is all the rage at the moment but there are certain types that will work better with a modern kitchen than others. Marble, for example, is generally more suited to traditional kitchens but quartz countertops or a polished granite, on the other hand, could be an excellent choice. Think striking contrasts when you are choosing colours for your countertops and you won’t go far wrong. Probably the worst type of surface to pair with very modern kitchen cabinets would be a wooden veneer of a similar colour to the cabinet doors.
- Fixtures and Fittings – The faucets, lights and other fittings in your kitchen will need to be carefully chosen if they are to complement your modern kitchen cabinets. Old-fashioned, ornate nickel plated faucets, for instance, would most certainly look out of place in a modern kitchen design. A better choice would be simple, brushed chrome fittings that match the handles on your cabinet doors.
- Colour Scheme – There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to choosing colours to go with modern kitchen cabinets but you will obviously need to bear the colour of the cabinets themselves in mind when making your final choice. Generally speaking, bold colours work better than pale, pastel shades, with black and white among the most popular choices.
If you are still not sure what type of décor would go best with modern cabinets, we would be delighted to be of assistance. Please call or email us with your questions and we will answer them as soon as we possibly can.
If you would love to have a beautiful, contemporary kitchen, with cabinets, work surfaces and other furnishings that complement each other and create the impression of a thoroughly modern cooking area, pick up the phone and talk to a member of our sales team today. We can build custom cabinets from a variety of different materials to meet the needs of individual clients. Whatever the size of your kitchen and whatever your preferences as far as colour schemes and types of finishes are concerned, we can supply you with a finished product that are perfect in every way.
Ordering Modern Kitchen Cabinets from Parada Kitchens
Although we offer a flexible service and can adapt our approach to meet the specific needs of our customers, new enquiries and orders are normally dealt with in a similar manner. If you have decided that you would really like to have us make some custom cabinets for your kitchen, the steps below will give you a good idea of what should happen next.
- Contacting Us – The first thing that you need to do is to get in touch with us and let us know your specific requirements. You can either do this by calling us or by dropping into our showroom when you are in the area. If you would like us to come up with some ideas for modern kitchen cabinets that will meet all your requirements, our in-house design team will be more than happy to help.
- Finalising the Design – Once we know exactly what you want, we will create a custom design for your cabinets, for your approval. How long it takes to complete this stage will depend to a large extent on how clear you are about what you want so it is a good idea to think about all the design factors that are important to you now.
- Building Your Cabinets – With an approved design to work from, our skilled cabinet makers will be able to get down to the serious business of building your modern kitchen cabinets. Each custom unit will be built by hand, from carefully selected materials, to ensure that it is both attractive and strong. Although our team will work quickly and efficiently during this stage, they will not cut corners in an attempt to save time or money. It is our goal to provide you with modern kitchen cabinets of the highest quality, at a competitive price, and we can only achieve this goal by adhering to best practices and using the best materials/ hardware
- Delivery and Installation – Upon completion of your cabinets, we will contact you to arrange a convenient time for their delivery and installation. Our team of installers have worked on numerous residential projects in Toronto and the surrounding area so you can rest assured that they know exactly what they are doing. Whether you are just having a few cabinets installed or you have contracted us to renovate your entire kitchen, all work will be completed in a highly professional manner. You can sit back and relax whilst our team takes care of everything on your behalf.
More Than Just Cabinets
As mentioned above, we provide a full kitchen renovation service so if you would like a completely new kitchen to go with your modern kitchen cabinets, we will be delighted to help. We can build and install all the furniture you require, as well as rewire and plumb your kitchen if necessary. We are committed to providing our customers with a comprehensive service that caters to all of their needs so they never have to go anywhere else.
If you have always wanted to have kitchen cabinets designed and built to your personal specifications but thought that the cost of doing so would be too high, we urge you to think again. At Parada Kitchens & Baths, we are committed to providing you with high quality custom furniture at realistic prices. In contrast to the units that are made in bulk at factories across the country, our inexpensive kitchen cabinets are unique because they are designed to meet your specific needs. Each one is built by our skilled cabinet makers and has to pass our stringent quality assurance inspections before leaving our premises. We have worked hard to establish a reputation for excellence in Toronto and are determined to protect this reputation by continuing to produce cabinets of the highest quality at very attractive prices.
Factors to Consider When Renovating Your Kitchen
If you have decided that it is time to remodel your kitchen to bring it up to date, there are a number of factors you should consider before settling on a particular design and ordering the cabinets that you need.
- What You Do in Your Kitchen – The obvious answer is cook food but some people do a lot more besides. If you are one of those people, you should consider the layout of your kitchen more carefully. For example, if you like to entertain friends and have dinner in your kitchen on a regular basis, you will need to leave room for a good-sized table and several chairs when renovating. We can help you to achieve this aim by designing space-saving, inexpensive kitchen cabinets, enabling you to create a layout that meets your needs without having to make any compromises.
- How Much You Wish to Spend – Before you can decide on a design for your kitchen and choose the type of cabinets that you want, you need to come up with a budget that you are comfortable with and that will not put your finances under too much pressure. By choosing to have inexpensive kitchen cabinets built and installed by our experienced team, you will be able to keep a lid on the overall cost of your renovations but it will still be hard to decide exactly what you want if you do not know how much money you have available to spend on the entire project.
- How Much Storage Space You Need – Now is a good time to re-evaluate your storage space needs as you may find that by changing the way you shop for food, for example, you could reduce the amount of cabinet/ counter space that you require in your kitchen. If you really want to keep several weeks’ tinned goods in your cupboards, then you should obviously ensure that you still have plenty of storage space once the renovation work has been completed. On the other hand, if you only stock up out of habit and are happy to change the way that you shop, you might be able to do something else with the space currently being used for storage.
Inexpensive Kitchen Cabinets That Complement Your Interior Décor
In addition to the above factors, there is one last thing to consider, which we feel is so important that it deserves its own section: interior décor. Most people are keen to ensure that the cupboards and other furniture they have installed in their kitchen matches the interior design theme that they have chosen for the room, and for the rest of their home. We can build inexpensive kitchen cabinets that blend in with any type of interior design, as long as you let us know what you want.
As kitchen renovation specialists, we are ideally placed to help you come up with the perfect design for what many people consider to be the heart of the home and therefore the most important room in the house. Whether you are moving into a new property and would like to have the kitchen altered to meet your personal preferences and needs, or you have decided to renovate your existing home and are in need of expert advice and assistance, our team of Toronto kitchen designers will be delighted to help. We can provide a full service starting with a fresh new design, moving onto the serious business of renovating and overhauling the space in question, and finishing with the installation of any new fixtures and fittings that you require. Alternatively, we are more than happy to provide a standalone design service and leave you to make your own arrangements as far as renovation work and new furnishings are concerned.
Toronto Kitchen Designers That Local Homeowners Trust
There are a number of reasons that we are the designers of choice when it comes to renovating existing properties or coming up with beautiful and functional layouts for new homes:
- Experience – Having successfully completed numerous such projects in the past, our customers in Toronto know that we are more than capable of meeting all their needs without any unnecessary drama. We know how to design furniture and layouts that not only enable our clients to do everything they want to do as far as cooking and entertaining in the kitchen are concerned, but that also come together to create an interior décor of which any homeowner would be proud.
- Cost – We may very well be the best Toronto kitchen designers available but we do not take advantage of this fact by charging exorbitant fees for our services. We believe that value for money is an important concept in any line of business and we are determined to provide our customers with products and services that uphold and underline this belief. Our custom kitchen cabinets, countertops and other furnishings are all competitively priced, as is our kitchen design service. If you choose Parada Kitchens to help you create the kitchen of your dreams, you will be able to look forward to first-class products and services at very affordable prices.
- Reliability – Not the most exciting of qualities to consider when you are shopping for a new kitchen but of vital importance nonetheless. When you choose us, you know that you will be working with a group of Toronto kitchen designers that you can rely on completely so you can relax and take it easy whilst we get on with the business of designing and building the perfect kitchen for your home. We aim to cause as little disruption to your day-to-day life as possible and to complete all work with the minimum of fuss. Having a new kitchen built should not have to involve making huge sacrifices as far as your quality of life is concerned, even if only on a strictly short-term basis.
- Future Gains – By employing top Toronto kitchen designers to help renovate your property, you stand to gain much more in terms of the value of your home. A well-designed and built kitchen can add thousands of dollars to the value of a property.
Let’s Get Started!
If you would like to find out more about what we can do for you, please get in touch to arrange a free consultation whenever convenient. You can reach us on 416-762-3500 during normal business hours or by sending us an email at any time.
If you’ve identified your kitchen cabinetry as one of the key parts of your kitchen remodeling project then you’ve already avoided making one of the most common mistakes made during kitchen renovations, which is underestimating the impact that these cabinets have in the grand scheme of things. However, you might be stuck pondering whether higher end custom cabinets are the better choice or whether a more economical stock option would be better suited to your renovation and specific requirements. At Parada kitchens & Bathroom we’re big believers that genuinely high quality kitchen design has to cater to you as an individual (or family) and whenever possible, especially given their importance as a design element, custom cabinets are always the preferred choice. But we don’t expect you to just take our word for it; we’re going to explain some of the biggest advantages of this option based on our vast experience of completing kitchen renovations in Toronto.
There’s Plenty of Reasons to Go With Custom Cabinets
Any decision that is made during the course of a kitchen remodeling project should be carefully considered and this is no different. Weigh the pros and cons of each option against each other before making an informed decision. We’re going to help you get started with that process by pointing out a few of the major plus points for custom cabinets:
• Zero Wasted Space – This is especially important in Toronto properties that aren’t especially spacious. With a stock cabinet, it’s very rare that it will fit exactly to the specifications of the space available, unless the room is extremely uniform in shape and size. This results in wasted space and often gaps in between the cabinets, surrounding walls and the ceiling, disrupting the flow of the room’s design. Custom cabinets on the other hand are made to measure and can be designed to fit flush to whatever space you have, no matter how irregular it is.
• Unlimited Design Options – When browsing through stock cabinet options you will probably come to notice that the options are fairly limited in terms of style, colour and finish meaning it’s quite unlikely that you will find a cabinet that you absolutely fall in love with. However, with custom cabinets you have total control over all aspects of the design and can make selections with regards to the material used, the type of construction and the finish that suits your individual needs and tastes.
• Greater Longevity – While it’s generally true that custom cabinets cost more than stock cabinets, in the long run they often work out to be cheaper. How? Well, custom cabinets are almost always produced from higher quality materials that are more capable of standing up to the stresses and strains of daily use and as a result can last several years longer than stock cabinets. A smart investment!
Parada kitchens & Bathroom is able to bring you the very best in kitchen design, including some of the finest custom cabinets available in Toronto. If you wish to arrange a free consultation with our experienced team, pick up the phone and dial (416) 762-3500 today.