We spend a staggering amount of time in the bathroom over the course of our lifetimes. So why is it that such an important part of the home is often neglected even when it’s blindingly obvious that a bathroom renovation is desperately needed? When money becomes available, homeowners often spend it on other home improvement projects, such as custom kitchens, new windows, professional landscaping or a new garage door. But we’ve got news for you: If you ever want to sell your home, the bathroom is one of the first things that prospective buyers will look at, and a bathroom that’s in a dreadful state is often a real “turn-off.” If it’s been a few years since you had any work done in your bathroom and you’re not entirely sure whether a bathroom renovation is required, keep reading as we are going to point out a number of signs that indicate your bathroom is in need of some care and attention.
How to Tell When You Need a Bathroom Renovation
A bathroom renovation isn’t done to simply improve the appearance of the room; it can also help to make this area of your home safer and enhance its functionality. The trick is to know when to start calling general contractors and asking for quotes, as leaving it for last minute could have some serious consequences.
Mold & Mildew Ever Present
Bathrooms can be a real haven for mold and mildew, as it provides the perfect conditions for it to thrive in. If it does keep repeatedly growing back after you remove it, you may need to consider a bathroom renovation, as mold and mildew can be potentially harmful; some varieties are known to be toxic. The solution might be as simple as installing a new fan to remove steam from the bathroom.
Is the grout in between your tiles in poor condition? If this is the case, it could lead to the development of the mold and mildew problem we just discussed. Furthermore, when the grout becomes damaged it can leave sharp edges exposed, which is potentially dangerous, especially if you have children.
You’re Nervous When Guests Go to the Bathroom
When you have friends over, do you get nervous or embarrassed when they say they need to use the bathroom? There is actually an expression that goes something like “your property is judged on the condition of your bathroom.” A bathroom renovation is the perfect way to “spruce up” a tired old bathroom and inject new life into it. Make your bathroom something you can be proud of and want to show off rather something to worry about and hide.
Your Bathroom is Always Cluttered
Your small, simple bathroom might have been adequate when it was just the two of you, but if you now have children and your bathroom is always full with clutter, a bathroom renovation is the ideal way to add additional space efficient storage solutions that can help to keep things neat and tidy.
Your Bathroom Looks Ancient
There’s old, and then there’s ancient! If your bathroom currently has faucets that are full of rust, has a toilet that doesn’t work properly and there are chipped tiles all over, it’s time to contact a bathroom renovation specialist and update the look and feel of your bathroom.
The Fixtures in Your Bathroom are Inefficient
Conservation is an important word nowadays as we strive to use our natural resources more efficiently. If you are still using older bathroom fixtures, you are most likely wasting unforgivable amounts of water every single day. Not only does that put more pressure on water treatment plants, but it bumps up your water bills significantly too.
Doesn’t Fit in With the Rest of Your Home’s Design
If you’ve renovated just about every room in your house over the years except your bathroom (not as uncommon as you might think), it may no longer fit in; in fact it probably sticks out. Many times interior designers will stress the importance of continuity in the interior of a house, and a bathroom renovation in this case would be the best way to achieve that. It could also be possible that your bathroom’s design is no longer well suited to your tastes (our tastes do change as we get older remember), and a change needs to be made.
PARADA Kitchens & Baths is the leading bathroom renovation specialist in the area. We serve Toronto, Mississauga and Etobicoke, and have the vision as well as the skills required to transform your bathroom into something wonderful. We always recommend setting up an appointment with us so we can come and have a look at your bathroom in its current state before any firm plans are made.
Contact us today for bathroom renovation questions
At Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms, we take pride in our work and we can only be proud of your remodeled bathroom if it’s the perfect bathroom chen for you. We specialize in truly custom cabinetry, designed to meet all your needs, visions and expectations.
We stand behind our products and workmanship 100%. Our primary goal is to ensure complete customer satisfaction and deliver the best value possible.
We have many happy clients and have completed hundreds of projects in the Greater Toronto Area. One of our happy clients has decided to blog about her bathroom renovation and experiences with Parada Kitchens.
You can read her account here at http://ourbathroomrenovation.blogspot.ca/
Contact us today for more bathroom renovation stories
For many consumers, the most popular and in-demand home improvement is a new kitchen. Depending on the scope of work, such a renovation can be costly and comes to fruition only after years of diligent saving, frugal spending, and meticulous planning. Whether you are interested in a complete remodelling including new kitchen cabinetry, flooring, and counter tops, or something more “basic,” the professionals at Parada Kitchen & Bathrooms have the expertise and experience to bring your dreams to life thanks to our relentless pursuit of affordability, cutting edge designs, and high quality craftsmanship.
Because your home reflects your personality, each room should be designed and decorated accordingly. Few home improvements add as much beauty and functionality to a home as a kitchen renovation, especially when designed and installed by professionals with years of experience. Part of the reason we have been so successful is because we believe in educating homeowners about all stages of a kitchen renovation from start to finish. Some include the latest trends in kitchen cabinetry, the best flooring options to choose from, and which options and accessories best fit their budget and personal style.
Why Choose the Experts at Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms?
That is a good question. Rather than a boring sales pitch, consider these benefits:
- We manufacture and install only our custom cabinets and don’t use prefabricated cabinets build abroad.
- Our employees are licensed experts in their chosen field, from designers to carpenters to electricians to general building trades.
- We negotiate the best prices with local suppliers because we buy in large quantities, allowing us to pass savings to our customers.
- Parada Kitchen & Bathrooms offers a comprehensive warranty on workmanship and materials for all projects, including new kitchen cabinetry, countertops, and other features and accessories.
Kitchen Cabinetry and Other Question Topics for Homeowners and Contractors
For the Homeowner. Make sure to ask yourself:
- Is there a specific kind of kitchen cabinetry I am interested in? It is advisable that homeowners have goals they want to achieve before choosing a remodelling professional.
- Do I have a budget in mind? You know better than anyone how much you can afford to spend, so set a budget and plan against it.
- Do I expect the contractor to meet a certain deadline? Kitchen remodelling takes extensive planning and construction, especially if you have chosen custom kitchen cabinetry over semi-custom models — meaning the timeline for completion may be longer than expected.
- Am I ready for daily disruptions the project may cause?
- How will I prepare meals while the work is being done?
For the Contractor
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have formal education, training, and professional affiliations on your resume?
- Are you a member in any trade groups or professional organizations? Professional memberships signify that a contractor keeps up with peers, and is interested in trends most beneficial to customers.
- Do you have a list of customers I can call with questions? All reputable home improvement professionals have a long list of satisfied customers they can refer a prospective client to for a referral. If not, then talk with another company.
One last question to ask is: Are you insured and licensed? This indicates professionalism, plus concern for worker and homeowner safety, and how a kitchen remodelling is handled each step in the process.