If you are looking for a beautiful and durable countertop surface for your new or remodelled kitchen, one of the best choices available is a professionally installed quartz countertop from Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms. We have been a leading design and installation specialist in the Greater Toronto Area and we can help you realize the kitchen of your dreams at a price you can afford.
What is a Quartz Countertop Made From?
Quartz is one of the most plentiful minerals on earth and is only one component that makes up what is commonly referred to as “stone.” Because of this, there is no such thing as a “solid quartz countertop,” but rather a man-made surface composed of roughly 93 percent quartz, other minerals, a binder made of resin, and colour additives. As a surfacing material, quartz has the robustness and attractiveness of natural stone with all the benefits of modern technology — such as improved manufacturing techniques and greater design options.
It is for these reasons and many others that a quartz countertop has been a top requested feature by many homeowners we have worked with over the years, and will likely continue to be so for the foreseeable future.
Top Reasons to Consider Buying a Quartz Countertop
Like many other surfacing materials, quartz is not perfect — nothing is, but it offers some noteworthy benefits to consider before plunking cash down for another kind of countertop. The top reasons for a homeowner to think of are:
- A quartz countertop is made from a non-porous material, making it resistant to germs and bacteria. This also means quartz is more stain resistant than other surface materials. We would not recommend leaving a leaky bottle of hot sauce on it when you are on vacation, but it holds up well to items that would stain other products.
- Unlike a natural stone surface, quartz does not need to be sealed and requires little ongoing maintenance.
- Natural stone can have tremendous colour variations in its surface, but a quartz countertop — because it is man-made with colour additives — has more uniform colour and patterns throughout.
- Quartz countertops are government certified to be food safe, meaning you can prepare meat, fruits, vegetables — any food item — directly on the surface without fear of harmful bacteria.
- Incredible colour variety. Remember those colour additives we mentioned earlier? Because a quartz countertop is man-made, the manufacturing process allows for a greater range of colours that customers can choose from. At Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms, our designers can help you match a countertop with paint, kitchen cabinet and other design elements in your new kitchen.
- Versatility. Besides being the perfect surface material for kitchen countertops, quartz is fast becoming a fixture in many of our bathroom remodelling projects — and is popping up elsewhere in homes such as buffets, window sills, and fireplace mantels.
Finally, one of the biggest advantages of a quartz countertop is the level of customization that is available. As part of our FREE in-home consultation, our design team will meet with a customer, determine their style preferences and needs in order to start working on remodelling options to achieve any objective.
At Parada Kitchens & Bathrooms, all of our high quality quartz countertops are designed and manufactured in-house for each client. There is no such thing as “stock” quartz countertops to choose from. The customer is involved in every step of the process, from determining colours and patterns to the style of corners and edges.