A Guide to the Most Popular Types of Bathroom Vanities Today
After the kitchen and bedroom, the bathroom is the most important room in any home. It’s also one of the most complicated to design and remodel. From the internal plumbing to tile floors and walls to the outer fixtures, there is a lot that goes into making a bathroom functional and aesthetically pleasing.
One fixture which is both integral and multi-purpose is the bathroom vanity. If you’re considering bathroom construction or remodeling and are in the market for a new vanity, consider these insights on the popular styles on the market today.
Keeping up with the Joneses with Regards to Bathroom Vanities
The following styles are currently the most popular for bathroom designers and customers:
- Single Vanity—The vast majority of bathrooms have a single faucet and sink; this is suitable for the needs and budgets of most customers. The single vanity is the standard option, so comes in countless sub-varieties. Its functionality is limited, however, and if you have multiple people using a single bathroom you may consider a larger fixture.
- Double Vanity—This is a large fixture that includes two sets of sink basins and faucets and sometimes two mirrors as well as additional storage space. It’s obviously more expensive than other styles and involves a more complex plumbing installation, but it’s a very popular feature in luxury homes across Toronto. Those who have one can’t stop raving about the added convenience of serving two people’s needs at once! If you have a large bathroom and your budget allows, you should consider going the double route.
- Wood Vanity—This is the classic bathroom vanity and comes in a variety of sub-styles. The most common wood used is oak, but those on a budget can also get one made from less-expensive materials. You can custom choose the colour and finish to your liking. A high-quality wood fixture looks gorgeous and can really add to the nostalgic feeling of your home.
- Antique Vanity—These are usually made from wood but are considered to be a unique type. A high-quality antique vanity should be hand-carved for a gorgeous appearance. Some popular types include Nantucket, Victorian and Rococo, and when coupled with a claw-footed bathtub, they can really make your bathroom stand out.
- Modern Vanity—This style is made from glass rather than wood and is the perfect choice if you’re looking to enhance your home’s modernist aesthetic with a clean, chic looking fixture. The modern style has also become popular among kitchen designers. They tend to make a positive impression on guests but the glass makes them breakable, so they are not always recommended for homes with small children.
As you can see, the market for bathroom vanities is a complicated one. There are a lot of choices out there so it is beneficial to have a professional guide you through the process. We at Parada Kitchens specialize in bathroom as well as kitchen design and would be happy to give you a free estimate. Give us a call at 416-762-3500 today!