When it comes to designing the perfect kitchen for your home, you need to consider everything from lighting to functionality to style. Use this helpful checklist to design the perfect modern kitchen designs for your home.
Before you decide to upscale your kitchen, consider functionality and your motivation for changing your kitchen. Do you need to improve an old traditional kitchen space or accommodate a growing family? Do you need an accessible kitchen? Today’s modern kitchen designs offer you flexibility, technology, and energy-efficiency. Consider how you want to use your kitchen first.
You have numerous choices for your custom cabinets. New kitchen cabinets accommodate the busy home chef as well as hide unwanted junk and pantry items:
- Will you replace, refinish, or reface existing cabinets?
- What door style do you want?
- Choose the finish: painted, dark wood, light wood, laminated, stainless steel, glass doors
- What type of hardware do you want?
- Do you have space for a butler’s pantry?
- Do you need accessibility?
Ask our Parada designers about the needs you have for your kitchen cabinets. They will help you find the right cabinets for you.
Kitchen Counter, Sinks, and Island
You need a working space for your kitchen. An island can serve for storage, entertainment, and food preparation. Consider these options when choosing the counter or kitchen island right for you:
- Do you need a kitchen island or double kitchen island?
- Do you want to incorporate options like a trash chute, trivet strips, or additional sink?
- What material will you choose?
- Want a partial or full wall backsplash?
- Do you prefer a peninsula, island, or perimeter counters?
- Would you benefit from a second dishwasher?
- Would a purified or soap dispenser be helpful?
Choose options like energy-efficient appliances and smart technology. The 21st-century kitchen helps the homeowner organize, save money, and reduce energy. Consider the appliances you need for your home:
- Smart appliances
- Coffee maker
- Smart technology refrigerator
- Oven and ventilation
- Trash compactor
- Wine fridge
Finally, consider finishing touches like the flooring style, wall treatments, lighting, and seating options. Call the experts at Parada to help you design the perfect 21st-century kitchen for your home. Our friendly staff will be happy to work with you. Schedule your first consultation today.