Whether you are looking to install new countertops as part of a larger kitchen remodeling project or you’re simply in the market for new countertops, there is such an immense range of options available nowadays that it can be very difficult to know which way to turn as a homeowner. Granite has been one of the more heavily favoured materials for both kitchen and bathroom renovations in recent times and when you consider the benefits that it offers, it’s actually quite easy to see why.
Some of the Many Benefits Offered By a Granite Countertop
Undecided over whether a granite countertop surface would be the best choice for your kitchen? Take a look at the following advantages that this material is able to offer:
• Extremely Tough and Durable – There are very few naturally occurring materials that can compare to granite in terms of sheer harness; in fact diamond is the only one that is tougher. This characteristic alone makes a granite countertop surface very well suited to the kitchen environment, where it will likely have to resist scratches, scrapes and moisture, all of which it is very capable of doing.
• Maintenance is Relatively Straightforward – An important consideration that shouldn’t be overlooked is the amount of maintenance that will be required to keep the countertop in good condition. It’s good news with granite countertops, since as long as they are installed and sealed properly (a very good reason to have a pro carry out the job), they are adept at resisting both spillages and stains, and don’t provide an environment in which bacteria can thrive, which as we’re sure you’ll agree is vital in the kitchen.
• Visually Appealing Material – When it comes to kitchen renovations it’s vital to strike the right balance between form and function. This is something that a granite countertop does incredibly well. As it’s a natural material, no two sections of granite countertop are exactly the same and the minerals within the granite really add character to its appearance. Additionally, granite is not a material that fades, so even when exposed to direct sunlight you can expect these countertops to maintain their appearance.
• Increases Your Home’s Value – Some features and home remodeling projects are dead money; you’ve no chance of recouping much of the money that you pay out. However, that’s not the case with granite countertops as they are a highly desirable feature that make your property a much more investable opportunity, therefore driving its value upwards. An investment in a granite countertop is a very wise move!
• Able to Resist Heat – With hot pots and pans being used to prepare food in the kitchen area it’s essential that your preparation areas are able to resist high temperature if need be. That’s certainly the case with granite, which is formed at high temperatures and under extreme pressure and will comfortably deal with the any temperatures that it is likely to encounter in your kitchen.
Would you like a free in home consultation for some new countertops? Or perhaps you simply want some more advice about granite countertops? Whatever you need, if you reside in either Markham or Richmond Hill, we’re the company to call. We can be reached on (416) 291-4259.